GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Source for rock wool batts in Albany, NY area?

Chaubenee | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I am interested in using Roxul or other rock wool peoduct in bith batt form and board form for my build in Saratoga County NY, near Albany. Is there anyone here that can recommend either or both a source and an installer in this area?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Joe,
    If you hire an insulation contractor, it is usually the responsibility of the contractor to supply the insulation.

If you want to do the work yourself, you could visit your local Home Depot. Most Home Depots either stock Roxul mineral wool products or can order what your need. (That said, plenty of builders find that this type of special order isn't easy.)

2. Chaubenee | | #2

I was wondering if any one here had any names. Some insulation contractors I spoke with are not versed in installing it.

3. Dana1 | | #3

There's nothing too special about installing rock wool batts. It's comparable to installing high-density fiberglass, if a bit more fragile (if you fold them fully in half even an R15 batt will often break/tear rather than bend).

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |