GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Decentralized Heat Recovery Ventilation Systems – European Brand

RoderickBeck | Posted in Mechanicals on

Hi,

I am a boutique real estate developer in Budapest. One of my flats does not have a ventilation system due to an inadequately high ceiling. I am considering a decentralized system in the wall separating the kitchen from the courtyard combined with an intelligent fan in the bathroom. The models that I am considering include Micra 150 and the Inventer iV25. The apartment is a 82 square meter luxury flat on the fourth floor of a 19th century building in the city centre. This is the flat: http://www.longtermbudapestrentals.com/central-budapest-furnished-luxury-apartment-rental-b-for-long-term-rent/. There is zero ability to run conduit. So I need a system that does at 60 square meters of fresh air each hour and is relatively small.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Neither the Micra 150 nor the Inventer iV25 is used in North America, to the best of my knowledge, so I doubt if you'll get a response from anyone familiar with these two products. (Most GBA readers live in the U.S. or Canada.)

The main brands of non-ducted heat-recovery ventilation units sold in the U.S. are Lunos and TwinFresh Comfo RA1-50-2.

In addition to products from Lunos and TwinFresh, there is a ductless ERV manufactured by Zehnder. For more information on this product, see Zehnder Develops a Ductless ERV.

-- Martin Holladay

2. RoderickBeck | | #2

Hi Martin,

The ductless Zehnder products are energy recovery. I want to reduce humidity in the flat. These 19th century buildings - often drier outside than inside. The apartments are relatively air tight and if there are two or more people, humidity accumulates.

Lunos appears to be particular expensive and TwinFresh does not have a real European presence.

- Roderick.

3. user-6990904 | | #3

What did you end up using and how did it work out?

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |