GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Water heater power consumption monitoring.

calum_wilde | Posted in Mechanicals on

I searched but only found one thread from three years ago. The advice then was to use a standard power meter. While the idea is good, the box and meter would take up a large amount of space and wouldn’t really give much information about when the power is being used. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced option to monitor a single 240v circuit? Thanks

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. walta100 | | #1

I bought 2 like this one on EBay but have not gotten around to installing them. The price is right if they work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Digital-LED-Power-Meter-Monitor-Voltage-KWh-Time-Watt-Energy-Volt-Ammeter-/262952827642?hash=item3d3935bafa

Walta

2. wisjim | | #2

I've used devices similar to the one Walter linked to, and they work fine. I use one to monitor energy used to charge our Nissan Leaf. It won't help tell the time energy is used, but gives a running total of kW-hrs.

3. calum_wilde | | #3

Thanks guys.

4. brad_rh | | #4

I'm using a similar priced one. I tried posting a link but it was blocked as spam. Search on amazon for bayite power meter

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |