GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Attached garage ventilation

NormanWB | Posted in Mechanicals on

I am looking for some guidance for venting an attached garage of exhaust fumes when coming and going. I have AirCycler’s Garage Vent module. Now, all I need is to pair it with a fan of some sort. The garage is roughly 24x24x10. Any recommendations on brand, CFM, location?

I am considering a simple Broan through the wall exhaust fan that will do around 300 CFM at 6 sones, but that is designed for interior use. While the garage is protected from the elements, there are the issues of temperature, humidity and critters.

Norman
CZ 3A

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Norman,
    I think you're on the right track. Tamarack offers two models of exhaust fans designed for garages; one is rated at 235 cfm, and the other one is rated at 416 cfm. Here is the link: Tamarack Garage Ventilation Fans.

You might also want to read this GBA article: Don’t Let Your Garage Make You Sick.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |