GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Can I know the function and operation of duct heating on two channel method?

Bernard Ho | Posted in Mechanicals on

The specific and simplest explanation for the duct heating on two channel method..if can, hope can have the picture..Thank you

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Ho Y Nam,
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "two-channel method." But I am guessing that you are referring to the fact that forced-air heating systems have two separate duct systems: a supply system and a return system.

Briefly, here is how a forced-air heating system works. A furnace has a burner that heats air in a heat-exhanger. A fan distributes the hot air through a duct system. (That's the supply system. We call these ducts the "supply ducts.") And a return-air duct system pulls air from some of the rooms in the building and brings the air back to the furnace to be heated again.

I will attach some illustrations below.

2. Bernard Ho | | #2

MARTIN HOLLADAY, GBA ADVISOR

I'm very thank you for your answer, that will help me more understand about this heating method

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |