TwinFresh Comfo 32 CFM Power 5 in. Single-Room Energy Recovery Ventilator
I just took ownership of the first HRV to be sold at Home Depot. I love it.
Extra stuff I learned about it:
1. The 16cfm mode (perfect for a 2 person bedroom) is only 0.3 sones at 4 watts. Almost inaudible.
2. Low speed is 8cfm (the one person setting) is 0.1 sones which is TOTALLY inaudible.
3. It can cycle on humidity if desired. That is, it will come on when the humidity reaches 40%RH (low), 50% (medium), or 60% (high). When the humidity drops below the setpoint, it shuts off.
4. It pretty much is a ripoff of the Lunos design, but I don't know if the design is patented anyway.
It's not synchronized like the Lunos but I believe synchronization is unecessary, and actually
reduces the total house airflow.
5. The US distributor, Zoltan, will give a quantity discount, which gets it down to a price I can justify in new construction spec homes and rentals.
6. The exterior vent cover is an elaborate, good lookin, bomb proof fabrication of stainless steel.
Anyone have any field experience with it?
Does anyone have concerns with the air change strategy or the design?
Posted Jun 6, 2014 6:31 PM ET
Other Questions in Mechanicals