GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Manual D spreadsheet examples?

jonathanforddalton | Posted in Mechanicals on

Hi, I’m looking for any completed examples of the Manual D spreadsheet which is given out free from ACCA: http://www.acca.org/standards/acca-speed-sheets/

Thanks to this site for educating me on the importance of Manual J and D calculations. I know there’s software for this but a) I’m cheap, and b) I’m a nerd and like to get into the details.

My hard copy of the manual is in the mail and while I wait I’d like to figure out the sheet as much as possible.

I’ve searched the internet and cannot find any examples anywhere. Hoping there’s some pros or keen DIY’ers on here who don’t mind sharing. It will be used for educational purposes only.

Thanks a lot

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Jonathan,
    Here is a link to a document that may or may not be helpful:
    An example of duct sizing.

For information on alternate methods of duct sizing, you may wish to see this article: All About Furnaces and Duct Systems. (In that article, you probably want to scroll down to the section with the heading, "Designing a duct system.")

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Jonathan,
    Here is a link to a document that includes a completed duct design example: Sample Manual D duct design.

Here is a description (from a web forum) of how to design a duct system: How to Calculate a Manual D.

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Jonathan,
    This document walks you through an example of a residential duct design:
    Residential HVAC Design Summary

This 1981 manual on residential duct design was published by the NAHB: Residential Duct Systems.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |