GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Dr. Wolfgang Feist responds to questions about the Rideau Residences

Martin Holladay | Posted in PassivHaus on

UPDATE: February 7, 2012. Dr. Feist’s statement has been released. Click here to read it.

On February 3, 2012, Dr. Wolfgang Feist issued a written response to questions about the certification of the Rideau Residences.

After I received the statement and posted it here, I received an e-mail informing me that the Passivhaus Institut in Darmstadt is requesting that Dr. Feist’s statement not be published.

I am respecting their request, and have therefore removed Dr. Feist’s statement.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. dankolbert | | #1

You big tease.

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Dan,
    I think that there's nothing wrong with saying that the gist of Dr. Feist's statement is that, in his opinion, the building in question doesn't meet the standard. It would appear that some people at PHI want to be sure that the statement is phrased in a way that ruffles as few feathers as possible. I think that someone, eventually, will issue an officially approved statement.

3. homedesign | | #3

My recollection from reading the letter before it was taken down...
    He also said something like ... the project did not Qualify as a "Passive House"
    (the English Spelling)
    almost as if he was staking a claim for the term "Passive House"
    but that's just my memory ... I could be mistaken

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |