Polaris vs HTP Phoenix for hot water and radiant heat

Looking at using either of those products for both hot water needs and heating (with coil/air handler) in a 3000 sqft house (slab on grade, 2 story, in Southern Ontario).

It looks like 70000btu would be sufficient, but I am wondering about the pros and cons of each tank. already know most features of each product, so I am mostly asking about anecdotal reliability issues with each brand (e.g. igniter issues on the Polaris, which may have been fixed by now).

Regards,

MT

Asked By Mai Tai | Jan 16 17

Diy Smartphone Projector

This week, we'll attempt to break down your about three options, looking at each and every operating system's greatest pros and cons. Adobe has show up a amount of applications that are encouraged for use in e book android device, all applications are aggregate into Adobe's Blow Apps Family. Also remember that if the phone/device is rotated while the sketch is jogging, the sketch will reset, and the level and width up to date.

Asked By Maxie Broun | Jan 16 17

ZIP Window Detail with Exterior Insulation

On ZIP's website, they have window details which appear to combine the flashing/window buck of an outie window, but it is shown flashing into a WRB (in this case the ZIP sheathing) located behind the exterior insulation.

Asked By Derrick Krienert | Jan 15 17

Florida Shed With A/C, Insulation, Vapor Barrier - Please help!

We are planning to buy a 12 x 24 pre-fab portable building like the Lofted Barn at Cookstuff.com.

We live in southwest Florida and need to air condition it 365/yr (pretty much). Going to use the building for our handmade soap workshop and humidity is very important to our soap curing process so we will be using a portable dehumidifier in the space in addition to a wall a/c.

Asked By Ron Taylor | Jan 16 17

What to do with torrents off the roof?

Zone 4A, East TN, annual rainfall >50" and downpours can be significant. Upslope lot.

Downspouts will tie into 4" pipe to daylight, but then what? Seems responsible to NOT discharge it down the driveway. But if I discharge it onto the slope it would soon create a local grand canyon.

There will be a 3' garden wall to provide a level grade in front of the house. The 4"gutter drains will exit through that wall in two or three places.

Any tried and true remedies?

Asked By David McNeely | Jan 16 17

Ways to deal with a breakup

5 Ways to deal with a breakup

Asked By Phil Overton | Jan 16 17

New house build, SIPs?

New member here, we are planning to build a new house this summer and I'm exploring my options for wall systems. I plan to do the framing myself. House will be roughly 2500 sqft in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Not the coldest place to build but not far off, and just for kicks it gets pretty hot and fairly humid here in summer as well.

Asked By Lance Peters | Jan 15 17

air sealing and insulating upto chimney?

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice on insulating and air sealing near a fireplace and chimney in my house (zone 6a). The chimney is unlined and the furnace and water heater are vented up chimney. I'm not going to use the fireplace as is, but I'm planning to put in a wood burning stove insert at a later time. Looking at the attached pictures, do you have ideas on how to air seal the space between the right of the chimney and the framing. Can I fill this space with mineral wool insulation? For the rest of the house I used mineral wool with membrain. Thanks, I appreciate any help!

Asked By Betina Chaon | Jan 16 17

Mineral Wool R-value by temperature

Does anyone know if there is any information available that shows the performance of mineral/rock wool by temperature?

Buildingscience.com has this for polyiso:
https://buildingscience.com/documents/information-sheets/info-502-temper...

I am wondering if there is something similar for mineral wool.

A few other links I have found -
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/bold-attempt-slay...
http://www.energyvanguard.com/blog/59419/Big-News-The-R-Value-of-Insulat...

Asked By Nathan Scaglione | Jan 15 17