Review my home insulation plan
I'm building a new house, and would love to hear feedback on the insulation plan. It can be found here: http://lazukars.bitbucket.org/house.png
- Have a consistent insulation pattern up from the basement and up through the roof. In this case XPS on the exterior and ccSPF on the interior.
- Eliminate thermal bridges wherever possible.
- Double the insulation required by code
CONCERNS WITH THIS DESIGN:
- Foam Sandwich: The current sandwich of XPS on OSB on ccSPF will create OSB rot. The OSB will not be able to dry to the interior.
- Venting the roof at the Ridge is going to be challenging with this design. Any ideas?
- The exterior XPS, the XPS that comes out of the ground from the basement, will attract insects and become a insect highway into the house.
If any changes are suggested, please keep the design goals in mind. I really appreciate any and all help!
Posted Mon, 08/18/2014 - 11:54
Edited Tue, 08/19/2014 - 08:34
Other Questions in Plans Review
Unfinished basement, Cgi 5 gas boiler, Z vent. The outside air is making the basement cold. Can it be louvered?