GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Architect & Builder for Passive Solar home in Charlotte, NC?

7NHWmFR35w | Posted in Project Management on

I recently purchased a vacant lot in Charlotte, NC that has good southern exposure. I am researching architects and builders that have experience with passive solar homes. I’m not finding many local people with a portfolio of existing jobs. My wife and I want to look at the professional’s previous work to help us determine competence in passive solar techniques and to help determine whether our aesthetic visions are compatible. Ideally, I think it would be best for logistics and communications to find a local expert. Can anyone recommend some Charlotte-based people? Thanks, and happy holidays.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Brett,
    It's probably worth contacting Michael Chandler for advice.
    His Web site is here.
    His e-mail address is michael [at] chandlerdesignbuild [dot] com .

2. Danny Kelly | | #2

Hi Brett - just now seeing this post - I work in Charlotte and have several architects I can recommend. Have you had any luck finding anyone to work with?

3. Brett | | #3

Thanks for your post. I did find a few that had a good understanding of passive solar construction. I ended up going with a group out of Asheville that were the best fit for my needs. .

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |