GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Communicate with subs prior to getting bids?

dsmcn | Posted in Project Management on

New Construction, Zone 4b, 50″+ precipitation

In addition to structural details on my plans, I am adding a whole page dedicated to emphasizing the priority of an airtight envelope. All details related to air barrier, flashing, wrb, and insulation, with exploded views in many cases.

I want to add a “Project Note to All Trades” on this page. I am asking for suggestions for what it should say.

For example: “All penetrations in the envelope must have prior approval by the builder.”

Suggestions?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. user-723121 | | #1

Look for a builder with experience in building energy efficient housing.

2. Expert Member
    CARL SEVILLE | | #2

I wrote a series of columns on GBA that cover management of trade contractors: https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/business-advisor/trade-contractor-management-creating-programs-work
    When I was a contractor I created a checklist management system that we used in my company. You can download it for free as a GBAPro member or purchase it from me - links are at the end of each of the articles in the series. Between the articles and the checklists you should find a good selection of ideas for your project.

3. dsmcn | | #3

Your checklists are very helpful. Articles will be consumed with coffee when I have a moment. Certainly worth the price of admission! Thanks Carl.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |