Q&A: A Forum for Green Building Experts and Beginners

Q & A Instructions

[Click map to enlarge]

The GBAGreenBuildingAdvisor.com web site has a wealth of articles on a wide variety of construction topics. Before posting your question, you may want to check out the articles on this page: How To Do Everything. You just might discover an article there that provides the information you seek.

Please register for a free account or sign in to ask and answer green building questions.

If you want to post a question, the usual rules of courtesy apply:
1. Be nice.
2. If you can't be nice, be polite.
3. If you can't be nice or polite — well, please be brief.

To attach a photo or illustration: Under the box labeled “More explanation,” look for the words “File attachments.” Click that, and you should be able to attach a photo.

Thanks for joining the conversation!

8 Answers

ZIP Window Detail with Exterior Insulation

On ZIP's website, they have window details which appear to combine the flashing/window buck of an outie window, but it is shown flashing into a WRB (in this case the ZIP sheathing) located behind the exterior insulation.

Asked By Derrick Krienert | Jan 15 17
0 Answers

Nest Learning Thermostat Has Its Security Cracked Open By GTVHacker

TOKYO Suppliers to Apple Inc (AAPL. ) are scrambling to get enough screens ready for the fresh iPhone 6 smartphone since the need to redesign a key component interrupted panel production ahead associated with next month's expected start, supply chain sources said. Although Lookout and other anti-malware programs for Android do scan Apps that are downloaded, an extra level of security by Google couldn't hurt. An app may use custom options provided because of your device company or application-specific permissions.

Asked By Ezequiel Hanton | Jan 19 17
0 Answers
7 Answers

Radiant bathroom floor and auxiliary heat in the master of our PGH

Hi all--I've got a couple of questions regarding HVAC in my Pretty Good House (PGH). As you may recall, I built a PGH a little over a year ago and many of you contributed wonderful advice to my queries. We had a nice discussion on how best to heat my house and I decided to go with a single minisplit and a natural gas, heater rated fireplace. This system has worked well for most of the house, save the master bedroom.

Asked By Matt Mesa | Jan 16 17
0 Answers

Apple Polishes Forecast After Selling 9 Million New IPhones

Apple (NasdaqGS: AAPL - news ) 's most recent iPhone will be water-resistant and come with out a headphone socket, the firm has confirmed. IPhone 5c will come in blue, green, green, yellow and white and you will be available in america for a suggested retail price of $99 (US) for the 16GB model and $199 (US) for the 32GB model.⁵ iPhone 5c will be accessible from the Apple Online Store (), Apple's retail stores, and through AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and select Apple Authorized Resellers.

Asked By Micheal Cadman | Jan 19 17
0 Answers

Business Networking Articles

Completely clear 1.5m/5ft drop protection that's so thin and lightweight that you will soon forget it's there. Its 7.8 percent market talk about ranked fifth in China, trailing local sellers Huawei Systems Co Ltd , Vivo and oppo, which collectively accounted for 47 percent, corresponding to IDC data. Reviews ranged from iPhone 7 Plus owners suggesting that images were coming out blurry using the dual-lens camera, to some even suggesting that wide regions of captured images appeared to be dominated by an impact or filter.

Asked By Maxie Broun | Jan 19 17
0 Answers

Exactly how To Manually Download APK From AppBrain (7 Steps)

Eight years since its first, Apple's iPhone has altered and conquered the mobile phone market. And the overall note here is absolutely that the iOS version of most programs is so far better. According to the research reports revealed in the recent past, the retention rate of the iOS software is more than that of the Android apps. Advanced notification -panel: A notification -panel cannot be typical one if its about the new version of Android.

Asked By Charolette Oram | Jan 19 17
0 Answers

HOW EXACTLY TO Keep Spam From Clogging Up Your IPhone Email

ThinkProgress accounts the bureau is looking into the revived @FBIRecordsVault bank account after it submitted documents earlier this week just lately. When your iPhone 5 falls in pool water, you have a bit more time to respond (however, not much). Video taking capacities haven't been improved upon in the iPhone 7. It still includes 4K video recording taking at 30fps and 1080p video recording saving at 30 or 60fps. Unfortunately, leading camera was not upgraded, and it is the same 1.2-megapixel FaceTime camera that was included with the iPhone 6 and 5s.

Asked By Libby Folse | Jan 19 17
0 Answers
0 Answers

Apple IPhone Articles, Photos, And Videos

The irony, of course, is the fact AT&T thought this thing would bomb worse than I did!!!!!!!!! It's be a few weeks since the physical proportions of the iPhone 6 has surfaced from various resource channels and some individuals have took the possibility to use these details to make an actual physical mock-up of the iPhone 6 by by using a 3D printer. This year too, Apple has modified their own leather conditions for the iPhone 7 to include colour matched aluminium volume switches. Utilizing a 1kHz signal, measured wide open vs.

Asked By Ezequiel Hanton | Jan 19 17
Register for a free account and join the conversation

Get a free account and join the conversation!
Become a GBA PRO!