GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

120v plug in HPWH in Canada

calum_wilde | Posted in General Questions on

Are 120v heat pump water hears available in Canada?  If so, can anyone offer a link so I can buy one?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. walta100 | | #1

    Rheem is the only option I can think of not sure you can get it in Canada yet.

    This is a link to the model you want on the US web site.


    1. this_page_left_blank | | #3

      It doesn't even appear to be available to purchase in the US.

      Keep in mind this is the same line of heaters about which hordes of people are complaining about the excessive noise.

  2. Expert Member
    Akos | | #2

    As with many things new, it will be a while before you see it up here in the great white north.

    Your best bet is to go with the 240V 15A unit. If you already have a dedicated outlet nearby, your electrician can rewire a standard 120V/15A outlet to 240V/15A without running new wires by swapping the breaker and then you can hook the water heater to this. The 240V/15A version has a much faster recovery rate for larger draws.

    1. Expert Member
      DCcontrarian | | #4

      And if you don't have a dedicated outlet, you're going to want one for a water heater.

    2. calum_wilde | | #5

      Good call. Unfortunately I can't find a link to those in Canada either.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |