Airtight drains that still allow water to flow

qofmiwok | Posted in General Questions on

I’m trying to build a super tight and dry house.  I have 4 drains in my basement going to a sealed sump pump.  Unfortunately my builder didn’t follow the plans and also connected the garage drain to the sump. So now I have a big air leakage path as well as chemicals & fumes from the garage flowing through the sump which could then come up through the floor drains. 

Is there an airtight check-valve that would keep air from coming up those drains, but open when water pressure is detected to allow it to flow out?   

I found this waterless trap seal, seems like it might work?
https://greendrains.com/store/

MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #1

qofmewok,

Just to confirm - there are no traps?

2. qofmiwok | | #2

Correct.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |