all your building culture are belong to shakers
“green” building is supposed to be pre-oil, pre-product building.
The only suitable building materials:
- Lime putty
- Noble timber
The only suitable methods for walls/frames:
- Timber frame with joinery
- Mass wall in brick or stone, timber frame roof
- Other folk methods with established record of lasting 500 plus years
The only suitable methods for roofs:
- Slate or Tile, with seamed flashing
- Standing seam with fully seamed joinery
The only suitable intent:
- extreme life cycle
- place making
This formula, if followed; will build generational wealth for the property holder, and lasting value for the places created by building as such. Extreme life cycle, and natural materials combined with traditional building patterns, are inherently green.
With all our power equipment it is more accessible than it was in the past. Less labor than anyone building pre-oil ever had to endure.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part