GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Are there any government tax credits for solar panels?

myragold | Posted in General Questions on

Are there any programs to defer the cost to install solar panels on a residential house in Mississippi?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. dankolbert | | #1

    Look at the DSIRE database- best resource for this info.

  2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

    There are two kinds of solar panels. Solar thermal panels (or solar thermal collectors) are used to make hot water. Solar electric panels (more accurately called photovoltaic modules) are used to make electricity.

    Federal tax credits are available for both types of solar equipment. More information here: Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit.

    For information on incentives in Mississippi, see this page: Mississippi: Incentives/Policies for Renewables & Efficiency.

  3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

    I guess we were typing at the same time... and we both sent Margaret to the same site.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |