GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Baseboard Vent for Older House

KathyT | Posted in General Questions on

Hello, I live in an older home with my heating ducts coming out of the walls in several rooms. I was told I don’t have the right supply covers on the walls and baseboards which is one reason the rooms are not getting enough heat. Which kind of vent/diffuser cover should I get? The size is unusual as well: 15 in by 12 in

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. AndyMMP | | #1

    That size is typical in older homes that had a gravity heating system.

  2. KathyT | | #2

    Thank you for your reply. I will see if I can find a modern version of a gravity baseboard register.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |