Blower door question

exeric | Posted in General Questions on

I’m going to have a blower door test done eventually. Do they have a cheap, repeatable way to block flapper dampers, used to provide makeup air for bathroom fans and a whole house fan during an blower door tests? My house is a bit experimental in using several large ones for the a whole house fan. They will have custom insulated plugs that block them off in winter, so this is more of a general question and not for my house specifically.

Eric,
    The usual way that openings are sealed for a blower-door test is with ordinary 6-mil polyethylene and tape (for example, duct tape).

2. exeric | | #2

Thanks Martin

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |