Can I use rigid foam inside and outside a concrete block wall?

user-246458 | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

I have a concrete block barn I am converting to a living space. I plan to use Insofast 2″ EPS panels on the interior which with the block gives me R-12 (Block at 3 and foam at 9). I would like to get a better R value, by adding foam to the outside. Would this create a moisture trapping problem?

How would I fasten the furring strips through the foam and into the block? I was thinking Tapcon screws.

Philip,
    Q. "Can I use rigid foam inside and outside a concrete block wall?"

A. Yes.

Q. "Would this create a moisture trapping problem?"

A. No.

Q. "How would I fasten the furring strips through the foam and into the block? I was thinking Tapcon screws."

A. That will work.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |