Choosing an ERV
– I am trying to choose an ERV for our home build
– Climate zone 5
– 4300sq foot ranch on conditioned crawl
– The Heating and cooling plan is to use ducted minisplits
– There are 4 bedrooms – 5 people. There are 4 bathrooms with showers. One powder room.
– I calculated our ventilation rate should be 167cfm.
– The ERV will have dedicated ducts.
I like the idea of demand-controlled ventilation based on CO2 monitoring and possibly VOC monitoring, but I think that is only available with CERV, Ultimateair, and Zehnder.
1- When selecting the unit, how much higher capacity should the rate be for increased demands (showers, bathroom use, parties) 40 or 50cfm over the calculated rate?
2- What are people’s opinions of these units?
Venmar X24ERV ECM – up 210 cfm – SRE 84% at 0degC
Ultimateair 200DX – 30-200cfm – SRE 83% at 0degC (with active defrost below 12degF)
Renewaire EV200 – 100-200cfm – SRE 78% at 0degC
3- Any maintenance issues that owners of these units may share (positive and negative)
4- How loud are these?
5- Any better suggestions?
6- Should I consider a CERV2 or Minotair?
Thanks in advance.