Closed-cell spray foam and fiberglass combination system in exterior wall

Rocco Risbara III | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I am building a new home in zone 6 and am considering using 1″ of spray foam insulation on the inside of the wall sheathing, and then filling the remaining area with 6″ fiberglass. Wall framing is 2″x6″.

I am looking for some feedback on using this method. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you.

Rocco,
    In Climate Zone 6, I wouldn't use less than 1.5 inch of closed-cell foam for this type of flash-and-batt installation, and 2 inches would be better.

Here is an article on the topic:
    https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/fine-homebuilding/why-flash-and-batt-makes-sense

2. Rocco Risbara III | | #2

Thank You!

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |