Do I really need an Air Scrubber?

Ron Trzcinski | Posted in General Questions on

I have a gas forced air furnace, fairly new (5 yrs). We installed a humidifier, a media air filter by Honeywell, a hepa filter system by Fantec which has 3 filters including a charcoal filter along with a UV light system by Airpal. Now I am being told that we should replace these with the latest and greatest air scrubber by Air Scrubber Plus. Is this just another means of obtaining cash flow or are my products outdated to the point of replacement?

The push for this unit is that it uses technology created by NASA. It is expensive and has to be installed by the distributor. My bother is a retired heating and air conditioning guy who could install the unit. He is not up on the latest air scrubber units so has no comment but says he thinks it is a come on.

If legit, can you recommend a unit that I could buy over the internet and have my bother install?

Ron,
    Q. "Do I really need an Air Scrubber?"

A. No. Why are you tempted to buy one?

By the way, you also don't need a humidifier. In most homes, humidifiers do more harm than good. If the indoor air in your home is dry during the winter, that's almost always a sign that your home's outer shell is leaking air. The solution is to perform air sealing work, not to install or use a humidifier.

2. Malcolm Taylor | | #2

Ron,
    This discussion might be worth a look:
    https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/community/forum/mechanicals/37342/air-scrubber-plus

I'm holding out for the Air Scrubber Plus Plus.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |