Calculator for Double-Checking Heating and Cooling Loads
I’m looking for a double check on load calculations for a 1911 home.
Is there a good pay per use calculator available that does not require extensive floor plan inputting?
* Oakland California – Winter lows in the low to mid 40F range.
* 1000 square feet downstairs (9 foot ceilings), 500 upstairs (8 foot ceilings). Crawl space and 1/4 basement below.
* 6-8 inch blown in cellulose in attics
* 50% double pane window inserts, 25% double hung single pane painted shut, 25% double hung operable from 1911.
* No wall insulation
* Lathe and plaster construction.
* Floor insulation in the plan
* Initial CFM50 3083, after some air sealing work CFM50 2370.
* No prior energy usage data is available.
The HVAC contractor so far says:
60k HSPF 9.0 t American Standard TEM6B0C60H51SA Air Handler. Heat Pump Tons 5 SEER 16.25 two stage American Standard 4A6H7060A1000D.
Update: it’s a major local contractor, in business for 100 years, union shop.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part