Experience with carbon footprint modeling for construction?

Miki Cook | Posted in GBA Pro Help on

Anyone have any experience using the Athena Institute Impact Estimator? I’d like to model alternative construction scenarios to see how much impact each has on reducing the carbon footprint of design elements, material and system choices. Need some help navigating the tool.

Miki,
    I haven't used that estimator.

I'm posting this answer to bring you question closer to the top of the thread list, in hopes that another GBA reader can help you.

2. Lucas Durand - 7A | | #2

Miki,
    Sorry, I can't help you either since I've never heard of this software before...
    Looks interesting though, so thanks for bringing it up.

Incidentally, I think the best "impact estimator" for a conciensious designer is probably the one already in their head - software is great if you are looking to split hairs but in estimation it is often enough to work with broad strokes.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |