Follow-up question about the roof

user-1141733 | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I just posted a question about the wall cavity. I should have asked about the roof which consists of 2×12’s 24″ O.C. with 11-1/4″ blown-in cellulose R-40+ then 1/2″ CDX and over that 5-1/2″ SIPS R-32.
Over the SIPS I’m going to 1″ strapping vertically and than 1/2″ CDX to create a cold roof. I’ll have over a R-70.

My concern is with insulation in the framing cavity I might be letting the dew point move closer to the heated side of the house.

I live in Southwestern NH.

James,
    You're good. More information here: How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |