GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. GBA Editor
    Patrick Mccombe | | #1

    Hi Linda, I'm not sure what you mean by "gas vent". Is this the exhaust vent/flue for your water heater?

  2. walta100 | | #2

    The title is the part I find confusing. What is a gas tank vent? Do you really have a tank of gas in the house? Or are we talking about the flue pipe.

    The best advice would be found in the insulation instruction that came with this appliance.

    Yes we could write 10 paragraphs that would cover the 10 most likely installations. But that is a lot of work in return for the 2 quick sentences and no photos Linda gave us.


  3. Lindaloowho | | #3

    Sorry, my brain is foggy this morning. It is the Gas Water Heater Flue I am referring to

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |