Hardie nailing: blind vs face
Looking for answers to the following questions about nailing Hardie siding (plank), please.
1. Difference between the two options?
2. Benefits/advantages/pros/cons of each option?
3. When and why?
4. High wind area considerations plus where are, what is considered, high wind areas?
5. Any differences, things to be aware of, in nailing “standard” Hardie planks vs the HZ5 or HZ10 planks?
6. Are there any differences to be aware of between standard Hardie planks vs the Zone planks?
7. Are there any performance differences between the pre colored planks vs the unpainted planks?
8. If given the option, would it be highly suggested, smart, to pick the zone plank over the generic Hardie plank?
9. Any thoughts, adjustments, particular plank choice, nailing preference etc., if using a rain screen behind the siding?
10. Any real difference between dimensional lumber strips and prefabricated products, in terms of performance etc., when deciding on a rain system?
10. Anything else?
Thank you to all those who take the time to read this and reply.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part