GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Working with MEP Plans

fromPok | Posted in General Questions on

Hello – I have a PE who is building the plans. In my town they require full scale MEP plans. Any thoughts about how I should go about it? I am in state of NY.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #1

    fromPok, is the PE you mention a licensed structural engineer or something else? Are they building or designing? Is this for a new home? Where are you in NY? What is your timeframe? Do you have specific systems in mind, or any unusual conditions?

  2. fromPok | | #2

    Michael - PE is performing structural engineering for a new home. I am in town of newburgh.
    I am working with Dandelion who are providing Manual J/D/S etc. What's required is duct design and Submit a whole house ventilation system design M15005.4. I need submit this ASAP as we submitted full permit work to town and this is a revision request back from the town.

  3. fromPok | | #3

    In case you are not familiar is Dandelion, there are geothermal provider around here.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |