GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

I am looking for a listing of ICC accredited labs who are experienced in testing housewrap material for R-value

dvuyDGG9CD | Posted in General Questions on

I am new to the building construction industry and have found a product that I think can improve insulation characteristics. I understand for it to be used it must be tested by an ICC accredited laboratory. Their listing has thousands and thousands of accredited labs but they do not list them by product category. I’m asking if anyone can direct me specifically to one that could help me get this product tested.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

    I'm intrigued; it's hard to imagine that a housewrap could have significant R-value.

    You should contact either ICC-ES (the lab that evaluates products for the ICC) or Thomas Butt (a housewrap expert who has worked for years attempting to develop new standards for housewraps). Thomas Butt doesn't perform this type of testing (as far as I know), but he probably knows who does.

    International Code Council Evaluation Service
    5360 Workman Mill Road
    Whittier, CA 90601
    Fax: 562-695-4694
    es [at] icc-es [dot] org

    Thomas Butt
    Interactive Resources
    117 Park Place
    Richmond, CA 94801
    tom.butt [at] intres [dot] com

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |