GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Is anyone familiar with

slateandall | Posted in General Questions on

I’ve been thinking of ways to improve seal of single pane swing out windows. I don’t like the look or cost of new Windows. 

I ran across these interior window pane thingies called Indows. 

Any thoughts or experience with them?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. oberon | | #1

    It's a sheet of plexiglas with a compression fitting that you install in your window frame as an interior storm.
    It should work okay, but at $30 to almost $40 ft², there may be more cost effective alternatives.

    1. slateandall | | #4

      I have lots of plexiglass panels that are about 1” too big all around and no way to trim it to size or to apply compression fitting.

  2. user-2310254 | | #2

    I checked into it, but the insets were almost as costly as a new replacement window.

  3. slateandall | | #3

    I tried these. A lot cheaper but not plexiglass. They’re made of acrylic on aluminum frame.

  4. Deleted | | #5


Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |