Leak path for tiny house condensation near wheel well

Michael_Kalman | Posted in General Questions on

I’ve been recommended to provide a drain path for any condensation that were to occur inside of a tiny house trailer subfloor, how do I provide a drip path without making too large of a whole in my metal flashing (bottom of the trailer) that would otherwise introduce air and potentially condensation problems because of air movement in the subfloor above the flashing? Do I just go air tight and make a mesh drain path somewhere near the wheel wells or do I make it all fully air tight and leave no path?

1. user-2310254 | | #1
    AKOS TOTH | | #2

Look for duck bill drains. I've used them for industrial equipment, they do a good job of keeping most things out but allow for liquid water to drain out. Good for a place like a utility room where there bound to be water leaks.

You could also create a diffusion port on the bottom out of a bit of sturdy housewrap or permeable peel and stick. You can install it over a couple of strategically located perforated metal panels in the floor.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |