Mini Split sizing feedback
Howdy all wanted to gauge your thoughts on Mini Split sizing
– Built in 1955
– 1008sqft feet
– Single level ranch
– Poured concrete foundation with full basement, unfinished.
– First generation Corning/Owen Fiberglass batt insulation in walls, probably r-11
– r-30 batt insulation in ceiling installed within the last decade..
– White Cedar siding, laid over some kind of particle like panel material coated in black as sheathing.
– Multiple single pane windows with older retrofitted storm windows, two newer double paned windows.
– Ellenville, NY
I used Coolcalc, room by room to try and complete a Manual J as accurately as possible. Heating load was listed at 27740btu and cooling at 18k BTU. This was with Outdoors temps of 88F and 5F, Indoors Temps at 75F and 70F.
Now especially on the winter temp side, I may only hit 5F for a week or so during a cold snap, generally average lows at worse are in the upper teens.
Do those load number seem alittle to high?
My HVAC installer recommended Mitsubushi MUZ-FH18NA2, single head (at my request due to cost) located in the living room. This would be in addition to a forced air oil furnace, installed in 1991. I have attached the drawing of my house layout. The Bedroom end of the house (24ft shorter side) faces North East, the Bathroom/Dining Side South East, Living room side North West, and the SouthWest wall with the Kitchen has a one car attached garage on the other side so it is not directly exposed.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part