National Fiber in Belchertown, Mass.

Scott Mangold | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Does anyone know how to reach National fiber in belchertown mass?
Emails to them bounce and their 1 800 number goes to some vacation service…
I don’t know if they are hacked, or what.
I can’t imagine they went out of business…
??????
Anyone have a cell phone for one of the reps?

1. Russell Miller | | #1

Been having the same problem!! two weeks now. Email doesn't work either! UFPI bought 'em a couple years ago so??

2. Scott Mangold | | #2

Their facebook page is down also.. I have wondered if someday the newspaper supply would drop enough to cause cellulose to drop in availability . I still can't imagine that national fiber would go away at this point.

3. User avater GBA Editor

Scott,
    Here's what I have been able to learn (to the best of my knowledge):

1. The owner of National Fiber, Chris Hoch, sold his company to a competitor, U.S. GreenFiber of Charlotte, NC.

2. U.S. GreenFiber decided to close the Belchertown, Massachusetts, facility and has laid off most of the workers there.

I phoned U.S. GreenFiber this morning to get a comment from a company representative, but no one is answering the phones there yet. I'll post more information as I receive it.

-- Martin Holladay

4. Russell Miller | | #4

That is lovely. I am willing to bet all of the support is gone with the merger. Those were some good guys up there!

5. User avater GBA Editor

GBA is working to confirm the details of this story. We're waiting to hear back from representatives from U.S. GreenFiber. There is a good chance that our news editor, Scott Gibson, will be writing a news story on this topic -- so stay tuned.

6. Russell Miller | | #6

I appreciate the follow up. We have an issue at present on a fire blocking issue pertaining to the cellulose being used as the same.

It leaves customers in a bad place when an inspector calls a business and gets a vacation giveaway thing of sorts!!

7. User avater GBA Editor

GBA has published Scott Gibson's news story on this topic. Here is the link: New Cellulose Manufacturer Set for a 2018 Launch.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |