Overview of garage insulation based on what I learned here
So thanks to everyone that has been answering my garage insulation questions, and I think I’m ready to start this project based on what I learned here. Again I have a 2 car detached garage that I plan to heat at an hour or so during winter. I live in suburbs of NYC. So this is what I think is easiest and most economical.
1. walls- fiberglass batts paper faced inwards cover with osb board
2. Rebuild an osb ceiling, leave cathedral ceiling uninsulated so do not have to worry about ceiling condensation.
3. Drop in fiberglass batts paper facing down into new ceiling.
4. Throw OSB boards on top to make attic floor
5. Finally to save money create an insulated box with OSB and scrap 2×6 to make ceiling access to attic.
Does this make sense? If I’m complete moron just let me know, I’m no expert. -Joe
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part