Pella + Lowe’s

Aaron Beckworth | Posted in General Questions on

Does anyone have experience with Pella Impervia fiberglass windows purchased through Lowe’s? I am only in need of a couple windows for a small backyard shed/studio. The Lowe’s is a couple hours away from my small, rural town and is where I’ll likely be shopping for framing lumber, so picking up windows then would be convenient.

The studio is a chance to try out different products and methods as we continue to plan for our future PGH build. 4B, mixed-dry, high elevation New Mexico

Aaron

Brian Pontolilo | | #1

Hi Aaron.

I don't have any experience with Lowes and Pella, but I did a remodel with (mostly) off the shelf Anderson windows from Home Depot and I was impressed with their balance of quality and affordability. They were vinyl-clad exterior with unfinished wood interior (400 series, if I remember right). And HD got me the special-order units I needed quickly (delivered to the site). I'm not sure if this is an option but I mention it because often where there is a Lowes, there is also a HD.

2. DCContrarian | | #2

I know nothing about the Pella Imperva windows.

My experience is that both Lowes and HD vary from store to store quite a bit in their quality. I've done special orders with both my local Lowes and HD from their websites. I stopped using Lowes because they had a 100% record of messing up my orders, and always gave me a hard time when I wanted to exchange what they sent me with what I wanted. HD is better, somewhat. I've found I am most likely to get what I'm buying if I go into the store and talk to someone and personally watch while he types my order into the computer.

You'd think online ordering would be more reliable, the information just goes from computer to computer, but that's not the case.

I also had a pretty good experience ordering Andersen 400 windows at HD as a special order.

3. Steve Knapp CZ 3A Georgia | | #3

I used the Andersen 100 Series composite window (casements and lights) on my last house and was very pleased with the bang-for-the-buck they offered. (I switched to the 400 Series for the sliding french doors because they are built with a beefier frame.) I think you can order these through HD.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |