Peter Yost is the new Q&A moderator

Martin Holladay | Posted in General Questions on

Brian Pontolilo, who until recently was the moderator of our Q&A site, is now focusing on other duties at Taunton Press. Stepping in to fill the position of Q&A moderator here at GBA is Peter Yost.

Peter Yost has been an essential member of the GBA team from Day One. As GBA’s technical director, Peter contributes to our Q&A Spotlight series. He also writes regular articles for our Building Science blog series. After working for Building Green for many years, he recently founded a consulting company called Building-Wright.

I’m delighted to welcome Peter Yost as he takes over the job of moderating our Q&A forum.

1. charlie_sullivan | | #1

I'm pleased to have Peter taking a more active role at GBA. I've always enjoyed and appreciated his other contributions here.

Peter Yost | | #2

Thanks Martin -

Will try and fill your rather large shoes, since you are largely responsible for GBA's success over the years, and particularly the GBA Q&A Community.

Peter

1. Aedi | | #3

Hi Peter,

I noticed a spam account on this site that has been posting under the username DebraCStewart. I do not see a mechanism for flagging spam posts or users, so this seemed the most prudent way to bring it to your attention.

I have greatly enjoyed reading your articles and Q&A contributions over the years, and am sure you will do a wonderful job of moderating the forum.

Aedi,
        Thanks. GBA has always been plagued by spam that gets by our spam filter, and we have to delete the spam posts manually, one at a time. Thanks for letting us know. Usually, we eventually get caught up and delete the spam -- although when things get busy, the spam may be visible for a few hours.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |