Placement of Minisplit Heads

Sarah_Wiser | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I purchased a 27k btu mini split with 2 heads, a 9k and an 18k, for my chalet home. I planned on putting the 18 in the open bedroom above and the 9 in the dining area but unsure if that is most efficient. Is that best or should I swap them?

Kiley Jacques | | #1

Hi Sarah,

I’m going to give your question a bump to the top of the list. Check out these two Q&A threads and links to relevant articles—the replies include a number of points to consider when figuring out where to put the heads for best functionality, efficiency, and aesthetic: Mini split head – mounting location considerations and Review placement and sizing of mini-splits.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |