Radon Mitigation for a Slab-on-Grade Passive House

Scaputo | Posted in General Questions on

Hi Everyone,
I am new to GBA and fairly new to green building however I was a builder all through college. Anyways I am getting ready to build my first home and was wondering if anyone has a good detail for a slab on grade radon mitigation plan? I am planning to build the home to be passive or maybe even net zero and would love some advice on this radon portion. Or if anyone has any “I wish I knew before…” items that you’d like to suggest for building this way I would appreciate them. Thank you for the advice in advance.

1. Scaputo | | #2

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! Do you know how many of these you would put in? And is it kosher to have it vented to the side of the house? I am hoping to build a hot roof.

2. user-2310254 | | #3

This may be more detail than you want, but it should answer your questions?

https://www.epa.gov/radon/builder-and-contractor-resources-radon-resistant-new-construction-rrnc

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |