Repairing hardwood floors — need help with low VOC option

Masb333 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

We have to repair part of a bedroom’s hardwood floors. The current floors are stained with Minwax oil-based Provincial stain and finished with Bona.

I’ve become chemically sensitive so I’d prefer not to use an oil-based stain on the new floor going down. Anyone have a recommendation? I was thinking of trying to match with a Minwax water-based stain? Thx in advance!

1. Steve Knapp CZ 3A Georgia | | #1

Companies such as Green Building Supply offer a variety of stains and finishes for floors. Whatever you decide to do, I suggest getting samples of anything you intend to use and giving it the smell test before application. I have an oil wax finish on my floors, which I like very much but some people want a more durable coating for kids and pets.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |