Rockwool on Backorder
I have finally landed on my cathedral ceiling system. I have site built plywood 1 1/2″ baffles, air sealed, R30 Rockwool, R15 Rockwool (both 24″ o/c), Intello, 2×4’s on edge perpendicular to rafters with R15 on 16o/c with drywall /T&G ceiling.
My problem is the R15 24 o/c is on backorder until the end of December. How much trouble would I cause by putting up the R30 and waiting a month until I air seal after the R15 24 o/c finally gets to me? I would love to turn on the heat above 40°F soon and hopefully slow ice dam accumulation.
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part