Room to Room Fan
I need to design a room to room fan system that will circulate cold or warm air from a large room that is conditioned by a mini split to a smaller room that is approximately 56 square feet. The mini split was sized using Manual J to handle the heating/cooling loads of both rooms.
– How large should the room to room fan be? (The HVAC installer suggested using 1CFM per square foot of floor space )
– Should the fan push cool air into or suck it out of the small room?
– Should the cold air supply grill be placed high or low on the wall?
– Should the return air grill be placed low or high on the wall.?
– If I use a 4″x 8″ grill on the room to room fan how large should the return grill be?
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part