Seam tape for plywood air barrier?

Tristan Roberts | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I am using plywood as part of my air barrier on a new construction project. I understand that the seams should be primed and taped to make this assembly relatively airtight, but I don’t know which products to use. Any suggestions? The closest thing I am aware of that might work and is available at my lumberyard is Vycor—is this a good option?

Thanks in advance.

Tristan,
    Vycor is a good choice. Read about Marc Rosenbaum's favorite tapes here:
    Airtight Wall and Roof Sheathing

2. mike | | #2

pro clima & siga...

Mike,
    SIGA tapes are not yet available in the U.S.

4. mike | | #4

martin, sounds like they will be very soon.

dan whitmore's passivhaus in seattle utilized it.

Mike,
    Last week I met with Siga's head of product management, Patrick Haacke. He said the SIGA's investigation of the U.S. market is still preliminary -- no plans have been announced yet for U.S. distribution.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |