Smelly foam

B Spitz | Posted in General Questions on

I have foam installed in my basement and the installer is brushing me off. It has a rotten fish smell. My wife and kids will not stay in the home. Does anyone know you remediation servers available to remove the product. My marriage depends on it. I am in the Midwest (Oh) region. Airing the basement out does nothing. I am at a total loss. Can anyone help me please. Please.

1. Milan Jurich | | #1

Barry,
    Perhaps there is some information that pertains in Martin's write-up ... see the following link:
    https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/spray-foam-jobs-lingering-odor-problems

Good luck,
    Milan

Barry,
    Contact the foam manufacturer. Some are responsible. You may also need to contact a lawyer. Document everything in writing. Good luck.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |