GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Trapped moisture under roof underlayment for 2 weeks, black spots

DerekR | Posted in General Questions on

I removed some temporary roof underlayment on a small part of the roof to put on what was supposed to be there

The temporary paper was there for about 2 weeks with a little moisture under it, that new look the plywood had is gone now and has some dark spots and dark patches on it, is this just cosmetic surface discolor or should I clean it before I put on the permanent underlayment? This is only on like 5% of the roof the other 95% is perfect

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

Log in or create an account to post an answer.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |