Using sill gaskets and tar paper on the interior for interior ledgers

Richard Wang | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

So I have ledgers being bolted onto the foundation wall concrete to hang the joists after.

Right now I have tar paper between the ledger and the concrete so that the concrete can breathe.

I was wondering if I would need sill gasket as well on top of the tar paper to prevent moisture transfer.

Richard,
    There is no need for the concrete to "breathe." It's important to install a vapor-impermeable layer at this location.

What size are these "ledgers"? Are they 2x10s that will receive joist hangers? Are you using pressure-treated lumber?

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |