Wall / Roof Drawing Feedback
I’m attaching a drawing that my designer and I are working on. There are a few details off in the drawing, but I wanted to submit it here to get any feedback or suggestions.
From inside out, one side of my house will be:
2. Zip panels
3. black UV protected WRB from Obdyke
4. Vertical 1×4 furring strips (likely taped with UV taped)
5. Horizontal 1×4 furring strips
6. 1×6 cedar planks with a half inch gap between the planks
The roof will be:
3. 1×4 furring strips laid on a 45 degree angle up the roof
4. Standing seam roof.
Where I particularly interested in feedback is the wall/roof transition. Right now in the drawing, the wall Zip panels aren’t flush with the roof decking. Before this gets corrected, I’d appreciate any suggestions on what this transition should look like. Taped along with some flashing?
I’m not sure we need to Coravent at the roof’s edge either.
Any tips on how far out the metal roof should come out to allow for drainage into gutters?
GBA Detail Library
A collection of one thousand construction details organized by climate and house part