Water supply – PEX?

Karen Miller | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

What is the better type of water supply .. besides PEX and copper without PVC or any leaching? and if we go with PEX, can you recommend one that does not have PVC or any leaching?
thank you!
– karen

Karen,
    PEX is polyethylene, a totally different plastic from PVC (polyvinyl chloride).

2. Karen Miller | | #2

Hi Martin,
    Guess I meant is there a PEX that does not leach into the water.. Heard in California they use a PEX that does not leach. Wanted to find out recommendations for the one to specify with our plumber. Thanks, Karen

Karen,
    I notice that you asked almost the same question here a year ago: PEX vs Copper.

In addition to re-reading the responses to your year-old thread, you might want to read Scott Gibson's summary on the issue: How Safe is PEX tubing?

4. Karen Miller | | #4

We are leaning towards PEX but want to find out which PEX I should tell our plumber to get for a new construction. Guess I'll repost question... Should have noted PEX without BPA. Thanks!

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |