What is the current best option for “safe” interior paint?

mrdog | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I am currently looking for a safe paint to use in my new house. I have found that the smell of paint is one of the biggest “triggers” I have and it really affects me. There are a lot of low VOC products out there, but I know VOCs are not the only thing to worry about and there are other noxious ingredients in paint not to mention the false marketing claims.

Is there a current undisputed champion when it comes to safe extremely low off gassing safe paint. I want to paint a wall and not smell a thing. The only thing I have found that comes close is Milk Paint, but I really dont like that look.

What about sealing it with something like NanoTech by earthpaint or another product?

Thanks for any help.

1. Steve Knapp CZ 3A Georgia | | #1

I painted my house with ROMABIO Potassium Silicate Paints. It has no odor and is very durable.

2. User avatar
    Armando Cobo | | #2

Yolo Colorhouse and Benjamin Moore's Natura are fairly common solutions to healthy paints on our jobs. Sherwin Williams have Harmony brand, but I haven't specified before.

3. Steve Knapp CZ 3A Georgia | | #3

Mr. Dog,

It's always a good idea to order a sample and test it before proceeding. Everyone's sensitivities are different and you don't want to buy a bunch of very expensive paint without a little hand-on research.

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |