GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Where can I find the “insect screen -full width” that is shown in detail 2-00004?

sN9UCEW4YS | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I am using the GBA wall section detail #2-00004. I have been looking online for the insect screen described in the detail. I envision it as something like a soft mesh that is 3/4 thick. Is there anything out there that is not too expensive? If so, who is making it?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.


  1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

    I can't find detail 2-00004, but I found detail 2-00003, which I assume is similar. (Here's the link:

    The idea is to screen the ventilation openings at the bottom of the rainscreen gap. You can buy insect screen material in rolls; it cuts easily with heavy-duty scissors or metal shears. Here's link to a website that sells a variety of types of insect screen materials, including fiberglass screening, aluminum screening, and copper screening:

    You should be able to buy rolls of insect screening at any hardware store or lumber yard.

  2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

    If you prefer, you can use this product from Cor-a-Vent:

  3. user-651098 | | #3


    If you use screen, I would suggest the aluminum because mice can chew through the fibreglas.

Log in or create an account to post an answer.


Recent Questions and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |